A great deal has already been written and said about blockchain technology and NFTs. For some, it is ‘the future (what does that even mean?). For others, it is absolute nonsense that we are best to forget as soon as possible.
We see it as our duty to elaborate on this. As a brand that values sustainability, a word of explanation is appropriate.
Blockchain is here, and here to stay. It has nothing to do with cryptocurrency or other forms of trade. It is a technology that needs to be used to its fullest.
We believe that using this technology will help us to slow down fast fashion. Fast fashion copies or steals designs from smaller or even bigger brands. To stop counterfeiting we need to use technology that let us store the data of the store and owner in a safe place.
A place that can not be rewritten and where the user can check the history of the item.
By using this technology we want to achieve a few things:
– We want to strengthen the relationship with you, our customers. Only then we can provide the best services and make things personal.
– We want to make sure the item you wear is unique. That’s why we provide a unique certificate that guarantees the authenticity of a Les Vilains piece. We raise industry standards and enhance the desire to own beautiful products made with valuable savoir-faire and high-quality, sustainable materials.
– The technology allows us to give you a digital part of the company. So you have a voice at Les Vilains. The NFT gives you the possible to give feedback and vote with us for our future plans.
– Transparency is a big thing at Les Vilains. By using blockchain we can give full transparency. From materials to shipping, production, transfer of ownership on 2nd hand market.
– By using blockchain we guarantee consistency in every step of the process. Only so can we make sure things are circular.
– Blockchain makes the transfer of goods easy. it makes sure when you sell or buy items of Les Vilains that you know what happened with the shirt to make sure its authentic. Look at it as a maintenance booklet
Only then we can make sure that the value remains high over time.
Blockchain has a big media output about its energy usage. That’s why we made sure the technology we use has the most efficient and lowest CO2 impact on our planet.
For that we chose Polygon. It is a network with a ‘Green Manifesto’ that wants to achieve a carbon-negative status by partnering with KlimaDAO ( a decentralized collective of environmentalists, developers, and entrepreneurs.)
The amount of energy used to transfer an NFT to you, our customers, is equal to driving 280 meters with your car.